Friday, February 11, 2011

1998 - OFF TO NEW ZEALAND


Paul C. Gardiner
C/o Lewis and Noeline McGregor
"Rocky Glen"
NEW ZEALAND


24 November 1998

Dear Friends and Family (or should I say “Gidday”?),

On what will be one of the happiest, yet saddest, days of my life (28 November) I will be leaving the UK, and flying out to a life in New Zealand with Karyn. For those of you who don’t know, we were engaged in July this year. She is the poor woman who has rashly chosen to put up with me for the rest of her life. We’ll be spending Christmas/New Year at Chez McGregor (above), and then make some decisions about our future in January. Our marriage plans are not finalised by a long shot, but we plan to join the ranks of the “Great Imprisoned for Life” in the first half of Year 2000.

Please note that I have a new email address: paulcgardiner@yahoo.com. I will be able to access it just before we fly oot. Thereafter, it might be a little sporadic until we get properly set up on New Zealand Internet. I’ll keep you posted. I really want to keep in touch, so please let me know your contact details (address, fax, email, phone), to make sure we have them all correct. A word of caution: if you fax me, please remember the 11-13 hours time difference, or Karyn’s father might make use of that shotgun on me yet!!!!

For your info, Karyn is set up with email also, if you wish to reveal some disgraceful secret or complain about my behaviour. Karyn can be reached on karynmcgregor@yahoo.com. The address, above, is our temporary physical address in New Zealand, until we get properly shacked up ourselves. Please pass this on to folks, whose email and physical address you think I might not have.

Love and best wishes to you all, and Good Tidings for the Festive Season


Paul and Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment